This has been an exceptional few months like no other.
Although the news coming from the vaccine rollout and the approval of the Oxford vaccine is most welcome; I know many people across the Maidenhead constituency remain concerned about the impact that the Coronavirus will have on our economy and society over the coming months.
On 4th January the Prime Minister addressed the nation announcing a further National Lockdown to reduce the spread of the Coronavirus.
You can find a full transcript of the Prime Minister’s Downing Street address concerning the new lockdown by going to the below web address.
The Government is now advising everyone to stay at home except for certain limited reasons such as shopping for essentials.
You can find the full details of the Government’s advice, including guidance for the most vulnerable, schools, and businesses, by going to the below web address:
I know this announcement will come as a shock to many across the Maidenhead Constituency. While I do believe that it is vitally important we tackle the Coronavirus; I remain very concerned about the severe damage the National Lockdown will have on both families and businesses.
Going forward I will continue my work as the Member of Parliament for Maidenhead to make representation on the views and concerns raised by my constituents with the Government and to support regular and comprehensive reviews of the lockdown measures.
These truly are unprecedented times. The impact of the coronavirus outbreak on our everyday lives and economy has been severe and will be felt for many years to come. I will play my part in Parliament to advocate an approach that treads a healthy balance between respect for our economy and individual liberties and the need to act to tackle the Coronavirus.
The Rt Hon Theresa May MP
List of Government support available for businesses: www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19/covid-19-support-for-businesses
List of Government support avaliable for the self-employed: www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-what-to-do-if-youre-self-employed-and-getting-less-work-or-no-work
- Guidance on claiming Universal Credit: www.gov.uk/universal-credit
- Guidance on which businesses and premises must remain closed: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/further-businesses-and-premises-to-close/further-businesses-and-premises-to-close-guidance
- Wokingham Borough Council’s Community Hub. For information on how to help during the COVID-19 outbreak and if you need assistance: https://www.wokingham.gov.uk/health/public-health-campaigns/community-support-for-coronavirus-covid-19/
- Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead’s Community Hub. For information on how to help during the COVID-19 outbreak and if you need assistance: https://www3.rbwm.gov.uk/info/200384/news_and_information_releases/1521/covid19_resident_and_business_update_page
- Guidance for Businesses to work safely during COVID-19: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19/updates