May 17th saw England move on to Step 3 in the Government’s RoadMap. Step 3 includes the return of indoor socialising with a group of up to 6 people or 2 households permitted to meet inside.
Step 3 also sees pubs, theatres, and other venues resuming services indoors. Hotels, hostels, and B&Bs can open for people on holiday.
The vaccine rollout continues at pace with the latest data as of May 16th showing that over 20 million UK adults have received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and more than 36 million people have received their first dose.
You can find a link to the Government’s RoadMap which goes into greater detail about the guidance on next stage of lockdown easing by going to the below web address.
I know there are many who would like to see the national lockdown restrictions eased sooner, however, the Government are taking a cautious approach as they want to ensure this lockdown is the final lockdown. The Prime Minister himself has stated this process should be ‘cautious yet irreversible’.
Going forward, I will continue my work in Parliament for the Maidenhead constituency to make representation on the views raised by my constituents and to hold the Government to account on the progress of the ‘RoadMap’ to ensure restrictions are not in place a moment longer than they need to be.
The Rt Hon Theresa May MP
List of Government support available for businesses: www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19/covid-19-support-for-businesses
List of Government support avaliable for the self-employed: www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-what-to-do-if-youre-self-employed-and-getting-less-work-or-no-work
- Guidance on claiming Universal Credit: www.gov.uk/universal-credit
- Guidance on which businesses and premises must remain closed: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/further-businesses-and-premises-to-close/further-businesses-and-premises-to-close-guidance
- Wokingham Borough Council’s Community Hub. For information on how to help during the COVID-19 outbreak and if you need assistance: https://www.wokingham.gov.uk/health/public-health-campaigns/community-support-for-coronavirus-covid-19/
- Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead’s Community Hub. For information on how to help during the COVID-19 outbreak and if you need assistance: https://www3.rbwm.gov.uk/info/200384/news_and_information_releases/1521/covid19_resident_and_business_update_page
- Guidance for Businesses to work safely during COVID-19: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19/updates