This has been a challenging start to the year, and I realise many people are keen to see restrictions eased and life return to normal.
There is continued good news coming from the vaccine rollout which shows that as of February 22nd, everyone in England in the top four priority groups have been offered a vaccine and over 17million people across the country have received at least one dose of the COVID vaccine.
On February 22nd the Prime Minister updated Parliament on the Government’s ‘RoadMap’ by which the national lockdown measures will begin to be eased. You can find the links to both the Prime Minister’s statement and the Government’s ‘RoadMap’ by going to the below web address’.
From February 22nd until March 8th the Government’s full national lockdown remain in place with the first set of easing-measures occurring on March 8th.
As always, you can find the current Government COVID guidance by going to the below web address.
I know there are many who would like to see the national lockdown restrictions eased sooner, however, the Government are taking a cautious approach as they want to ensure this lockdown is the final lockdown.
Going forward, I will continue my work in Parliament for the Maidenhead constituency to make representation on the views raised by my constituents and to hold the Government to account on the progress of the ‘RoadMap’ to ensure restrictions are not in place a moment longer than they need to be.
The Rt Hon Theresa May MP
List of Government support available for businesses: www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19/covid-19-support-for-businesses
List of Government support avaliable for the self-employed: www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-what-to-do-if-youre-self-employed-and-getting-less-work-or-no-work
- Guidance on claiming Universal Credit: www.gov.uk/universal-credit
- Guidance on which businesses and premises must remain closed: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/further-businesses-and-premises-to-close/further-businesses-and-premises-to-close-guidance
- Wokingham Borough Council’s Community Hub. For information on how to help during the COVID-19 outbreak and if you need assistance: https://www.wokingham.gov.uk/health/public-health-campaigns/community-support-for-coronavirus-covid-19/
- Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead’s Community Hub. For information on how to help during the COVID-19 outbreak and if you need assistance: https://www3.rbwm.gov.uk/info/200384/news_and_information_releases/1521/covid19_resident_and_business_update_page
- Guidance for Businesses to work safely during COVID-19: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19/updates