These are exceptional times and I know many people are concerned about the impact Coronavirus will have on our economy and society over the winter period.
The virus remains a very real threat to many vulnerable people and we all must take responsibility to take steps to slow the spread of the virus and to reduce pressure on our NHS over the winter.
On October 31st the Prime Minister delivered a statement from Downing Street regarding the implementation of fresh Coronavirus restrictions. You can find a full transcript of the Prime Minister’s address below.
These new nationwide restrictions come into place on November 5th and, unfortunately, will mean harsher measures in an attempt to reduce our day-to-day contact with other people thereby reducing the spread of the Coronavirus.
A full explanation of the new guidance can be found on the Government’s website by going to the corresponding link: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
During this challenging period, my office and I will continue to offer advice and raise your concerns with the Government.
The impact of the coronavirus outbreak on our everyday lives and the economy has been severe and will be felt for many years to come, however, I will continue to play my part as the Member of Parliament for Maidenhead, to advocate an approach that treads a healthy balance between respect for our economy and individual liberties and the need to act to tackle the Coronavirus.
The Rt Hon Theresa May MP
List of Government support available for businesses: www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19/covid-19-support-for-businesses
List of Government support avaliable for the self-employed: www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-what-to-do-if-youre-self-employed-and-getting-less-work-or-no-work
- Guidance on claiming Universal Credit: www.gov.uk/universal-credit
- Guidance on which businesses and premises must remain closed: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/further-businesses-and-premises-to-close/further-businesses-and-premises-to-close-guidance
- Wokingham Borough Council’s Community Hub. For information on how to help during the COVID-19 outbreak and if you need assistance: https://www.wokingham.gov.uk/health/public-health-campaigns/community-support-for-coronavirus-covid-19/
- Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead’s Community Hub. For information on how to help during the COVID-19 outbreak and if you need assistance: https://www3.rbwm.gov.uk/info/200384/news_and_information_releases/1521/covid19_resident_and_business_update_page
- Guidance for Businesses to work safely during COVID-19: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19/updates