The coronavirus outbreak remains the biggest public health emergency in a generation, and we all need to play our part.
It is thanks to the sacrifice and resilience of all of us that we are succeeding in slowing the spread of Coronavirus. Now is not the time to take our foot off the pedal, we must stay alert. We must continue to control the virus, and this will save lives.On May 10th the Prime Minister addressed the nation to provide an update on the Government’s strategy to beat Coronavirus.
Whilst we have passed through the initial peak of this disease, it is vital that we do not now lose control and risk a second peak of the virus.
People should continue to follow the Government’s clear advice:
- Stay at home as much as possible.
- Work from home if you possibly can.
- Limit contact with other people.
- Maintain social distancing measures if you do go out.
- Wash your hands regularly.
For more information on the Government’s guidance for social distancing, self-isolation and NHS advice, details have been published at www.gov.uk/coronavirus
The impact of the coronavirus outbreak on our everyday lives and the economy is wide ranging. I do understand that many constituents and local businesses are keen to see life return to normal. The Government also understands this and in his May 10th address the Prime Minister set out the first sketch of a road map for reopening society.
I continue to be in touch with local community leaders to discuss and monitor the local response to the Coronavirus. Both the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead and Wokingham Borough Council have set up Community Hubs enabling them work alongside charities to help the vulnerable in our society.
If you would like to offer your support or need help, please use the list of links below.
During this challenging period, my office and I will continue to work hard to offer advice and raise your concerns with the Government.
We have slowed the spread of Coronavirus. If we keep pulling together as a community and follow the Government’s strategy, we will get through this testing time faster.
The Rt Hon Theresa May MP
List of Government support available for businesses: www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19/covid-19-support-for-businesses
List of Government support avaliable for the self-employed: www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-what-to-do-if-youre-self-employed-and-getting-less-work-or-no-work
- Guidance on claiming Universal Credit: www.gov.uk/universal-credit
- Guidance on which businesses and premises must remain closed: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/further-businesses-and-premises-to-close/further-businesses-and-premises-to-close-guidance
- Wokingham Borough Council’s Community Hub. For information on how to help during the COVID-19 outbreak and if you need assistance: https://www.wokingham.gov.uk/health/public-health-campaigns/community-support-for-coronavirus-covid-19/
- Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead’s Community Hub. For information on how to help during the COVID-19 outbreak and if you need assistance: https://www3.rbwm.gov.uk/info/200384/news_and_information_releases/1521/covid19_resident_and_business_update_page