Despite the continuous progress being made towards understanding and treating COVID-19, the virus remains a very real threat and we must all take responsibility to take steps to prevent a second wave of the virus.
On 9th September the Prime Minister announced a new set of measures specifically designed to prevent a second lockdown and second spike of the coronavirus.
You can read a full transcript of the Prime Minister’s statement at the below web address:
What these measures mean is that in England, from Monday (14th September), the Government are introducing the rule of 6 i.e. you must not meet socially in groups of more than 6 people.
This will apply in any setting, indoors or outdoors. There are exceptions to this rule such as the workplace – for details please see https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do
During this challenging period, my office and I will continue to offer advice and raise your concerns with the Government.
The impact of the coronavirus outbreak on our everyday lives and the economy has been severe and will be felt for many years to come. I will continue to play my part, as the Member of Parliament for Maidenhead, to help ensure that the UK is able to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, stronger and more united than before.
The Rt Hon Theresa May MP
List of Government support available for businesses: www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19/covid-19-support-for-businesses
List of Government support avaliable for the self-employed: www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-what-to-do-if-youre-self-employed-and-getting-less-work-or-no-work
- Guidance on claiming Universal Credit: www.gov.uk/universal-credit
- Guidance on which businesses and premises must remain closed: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/further-businesses-and-premises-to-close/further-businesses-and-premises-to-close-guidance
- Wokingham Borough Council’s Community Hub. For information on how to help during the COVID-19 outbreak and if you need assistance: https://www.wokingham.gov.uk/health/public-health-campaigns/community-support-for-coronavirus-covid-19/
- Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead’s Community Hub. For information on how to help during the COVID-19 outbreak and if you need assistance: https://www3.rbwm.gov.uk/info/200384/news_and_information_releases/1521/covid19_resident_and_business_update_page
- Guidance for Businesses to work safely during COVID-19: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19/updates