On July 19th England moved on to Step 4 in the Government’s RoadMap.
At Step 4, while many of the legal restrictions that the Government has imposed throughout the pandemic will be lifted, cautious guidance will remain.
The vaccine rollout continues at pace with the latest data as of July 16th over 80 million UK adults have received their first dose and 67% of UK adults have recieved both jabs.
You can find a link to the Government’s website which goes into greater detail about the guidance for Step 4 of the RoadMap and beyond:
It is important to remember that we will not eradicate COVID from the UK. There will not be a time when we can say that there will never be another case of covid-19 in this country and we cannot persist indefinitely with restrictions that debilitate our economy, our physical and mental well-being.
While the Government do plan to end mandatory restrictions, including on mask wearing, on July 19th they will continue to issue guidance and will continue to monitor the overall Coronavirus levels in the UK.
Going forward, I will continue my work in Parliament for the Maidenhead constituency to make representation on the views raised by my constituents and to hold the Government to account on these very important matters.
The Rt Hon Theresa May MP
List of Government support available for businesses: www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19/covid-19-support-for-businesses
List of Government support avaliable for the self-employed: www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-what-to-do-if-youre-self-employed-and-getting-less-work-or-no-work
- Guidance on claiming Universal Credit: www.gov.uk/universal-credit
- Guidance on which businesses and premises must remain closed: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/further-businesses-and-premises-to-close/further-businesses-and-premises-to-close-guidance
- Wokingham Borough Council’s Community Hub. For information on how to help during the COVID-19 outbreak and if you need assistance: https://www.wokingham.gov.uk/health/public-health-campaigns/community-support-for-coronavirus-covid-19/
- Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead’s Community Hub. For information on how to help during the COVID-19 outbreak and if you need assistance: https://www3.rbwm.gov.uk/info/200384/news_and_information_releases/1521/covid19_resident_and_business_update_page
- Guidance for Businesses to work safely during COVID-19: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19/updates